Thank you for your interest in working for the George & Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation. Please check this page regularly to view available positions.
Posting End Date: January 16, 2020
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Under the general direction of the Director, Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) Project Management Office (PMO), the Project Manager will apply the key functions of effective project management to provide leadership to ensure overall completion of project deliverables are achieved on time and on budget for approved projects. Promotes and maintains a positive, professional, and team oriented environment. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the WRHA.
Under the direction of WRHA Project Management Office, applies project management principles, tools and templates throughout the project life cycle including the initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closing phases. This includes management of project scope, resources, communications, risks/issues, budget, timelines, procurement, integration, quality, and implementation.
- Works closely with the project sponsor(s), project lead, and project team(s) to develop a Project Charter and Workplan, and to facilitate timely execution and ongoing maintenance of project timelines, milestones and deliverables.
- Creates and maintains the project workplan and proactively manages issues, changes to scope, budget, etc. to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Provides essential support during the implementation of the project.
- Prepares and distributes bi-weekly project status reports.
- Coordinates project team meetings and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained to capture project progress and potential challenges.
- Identifies potential risks and determines appropriate mitigation strategies to resolve and/or escalate to the Project Management Office as required.
- Assumes accountability for overall functioning of assigned project(s).