CENTRE FOR HEALTHCARE INNOVATION
BACKGROUND AND MEMBERSHIP MODEL
The George and Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation (CHI) is a partnership between the University of Manitoba and the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. The centre houses seven unique platforms, each staffed with experts and leaders from all disciplines in academia and practice.
- Project Management
- Knowledge Translation
- Knowledge Synthesis
- Data Science
- Health Systems Performance
- Clinical Trials
At CHI, we are committed to ensuring that the latest research and evidence are translated into improved patient outcomes, enhanced patient experiences and improved access to care for Manitobans.
Who we work with
- Healthcare Leadership
- Policy Makers
Our commitment to Manitobans
- Engaging patients as full partners in care
- Providing healthcare professionals and policy makers with the best available evidence to make informed decisions
- Supporting the development of innovative and cutting edge research
- Supporting strengthened clinical care, process improvements and better delivery of health care services
- Making crucial knowledge and research findings accessible
To be a catalyst for healthcare providers, healthcare decision makers and healthcare researchers in Manitoba and to generate and facilitate the use of knowledge to improve the health of Manitobans within a sustainable framework.
To ensure the latest research and evidence are translated into improvements to care and outcomes for patients and citizens of Manitoba.
CHI strives to be innovative, collaborative, transformative, objective and sustainable
MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA (HOW THE CATEGORIES ARE DEFINED)
- Academic Faculty Appointment: leads and/or conducts research in an investigating role; receives research funds
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Members will stay informed through a variety of different communications and be given the opportunity to share their news
Advantage: Members will be given the opportunity to post their publications on the CHI Membership Publication web page. The publications may be shared on different CHI networks.
Opportunity to advertise and network with colleagues and leaders in healthcare at CHI-sponsored events
Advantage: Opportunity for members to network, share their expertise with others, and develop long-lasting connections with people in similar positions and environments
Professional Development/Training/ Certification
Will receive priority notification of CHI’s training opportunities, workshops, and webinars
Advantage: Be among the first to receive notification of CHI’s training opportunities, workshops, and webinars
Advantage: Grow personally and professionally through CHI’s certified training and workshop opportunities
Advantage: Members can keep abreast of emerging issues and acquire new knowledge
- Contribute to lunch and learn seminars
- Complete a member application
- Update your contact information
- Communicate your successes, challenges, updates, and opportunities
- Tell us about your organization’s education and training events
- Participate in CHI’s training events
- Provide us with feedback on experiences accessing CHI’s services
- Conduct and/or collaborate in patient-oriented research and disseminate the results to help patients and those who care for them make better healthcare decisions
Send your curriculum vitae (CV) and a short explanation outlining your interest for becoming a CHI member and how you can work with CHI.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email include:
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A paragraph explaining your interest for becoming a CHI member
- How you and CHI can work together
- How your research involves patient oriented research and trials