Grand Round: Computational Biology in Translational Research
Round: Computational Biology in Translational Research
November 26, 2014, 12:00 to: 13:00
Room 264- Apotex Centre 750 McDermot Ave Winnipeg MB
Team: Events, Training & News
To view the video from this event, please click here.
The Centre for Healthcare Innovation is hosting a Grand Round featuring speakers Dr. Ron Beavis & Dr. Pingzhao Hu.
Computational Biology in Translational Research
- November 26, 2014. 12-1pm, Room 264 Apotex Centre (750 McDermot Ave).
- summarize the research activity of the newly-formed Bioinformatics Group in the Data Science Platform and;
- Present case studies of current collaborative projects involving the Bioinformatics Group.
About the Speakers:
- Dr. Ron Beavis is a professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics and he is affiliated with the CHI Data Science Platform. Dr. Beavis received his Ph.D. at the University of Manitoba. For the last ten years his research has involved applying computational approaches to improve data analysis and the biological interpretation of results obtained from large-scale proteomics experiments.
- Dr. Pingzhao Hu has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Biochemistry and Medical Genetics of the University of Manitoba since February, 2014. He is affiliated with Data Science Platform of the George & Fay Yee Centre for Healthcare Innovation and Manitoba Institute of Child Health. He is also an Assistant Professor (status) in Division of Biostatistics at the University of Toronto. Pingzhao received his PhD in computer science from York University.
Location: 750 McDermot Ave, Winnipeg, MB, Canada